Proposed Separation Into Sub-categoriesEdit
I propose the following categories:
- Magical Meanings (Abomination, Antediluvian, other WhiteWolf and other terms about the supernatural)
- Transportation (Aircar, Autogyro, other types of vehicle)
- Future Tech (Bioscuplt, Brainstemming, other miscellaneous technologies, including real ones)
- Starship Weapons (Lance Torpedos, Chemlasers, other heavy weapons in space)
- Small Arms (Gauss Guns, Piezo Pistols, Lance Cannons, other man-portable or vehicle-mounted weapons systems)
- Future Slang (Gweilo, Mundane, other stuff that fits this existing category folded into the new system)
- Starship Classes (the general class terms like battlecruiser and frigate, as well as specific classes, an existing category to also fold in)
Any other suggestions? Either categories we need to add existing articles to, or categories we need to add and then find some articles for?
And should we leave technical terms as a separate supercategory all the articles also belong to?
1) I personally like leaving "Technical Terms" as a catch-all page, for people to browse if nothing else.
3) Do we want to make these full-blown wiki-wide categories (or sub-categories)? Or just a page full of links to similar items? The first option would create more categories, but they'd be automatically updated. The second option would be cleaner, but would require someone to manually add links for new entires over time.
2) Perhaps include the category "Informtaion Technology" (or something similar) which would include computers, communication equipment, hacking tools, etc.? Or would that be more a sub-category of "Future Tech"?
4) Finally, we could make "Technical Terms" smaller and more managable by pruning some stuff off it. For example, "Cult of the Emperor" and "Triumvirate" could be moved to "Groups and Organizations". Most slang terms have double-entries in Future Slang and "Technical Terms." Unique things like "Abomination" should stay, but terms like "Leech," "Gweilo," or "Skinny" that are bascially just another name for something that already has an entry could be "Future Slang" only entries.
Just my $0.02 worth...
=^_^= 18:18, October 10, 2013 (UTC) SirNolen/Xinjao
I say we change "Technical Terms" to "TIctionary" and leave it as a category for all jargon. Then we break up the terms into categories along the lines Martin suggested, though I'd simplify the names: Magic, Technology, Transport, Ship Weaponry, Small Arms, Slang, Ship Classes, etc.
Actually, let's fold the general ship classifications into Transport, and leave "Starship Classes" as the list of specific design classes rather than general types.